Cycling Without Age Norfolk – Virginia Beach is a non-profit organization in partnership with Bike Norfolk. We are currently in the fundraising stage to purchase trishaw bikes to offer bike rides (with electric assist!) to seniors and people with disabilities by volunteer cyclist pilots. Please join founder, Diane Haupt, as she cycles across country, visiting numerous chapter locations, to raise awareness about CWA and kick off the fundraising for CWA
Norfolk – Virginia Beach chapter.
WHAT IS CWA
Cycling Without Age began in 2012 by Ole Kassow who wanted to help older adults experience the numerous benefits of bicycling again despite their limited mobility. His answer was offering free bike rides to local nursing home residents on specially crafted trishaws. At present (March 2021), more than 2,500 chapter locations around the world ensure that the elderly and disabled get out on trishaw bikes to enjoy the fresh air and the community around them as well as the right to wind in their hair.
WHAT WE DO
The goals of CWA Norfolk – Virginia Beach are twofold:
1. For riders, the opportunity to:
– Feel a part of society, reducing isolation
– Experience their neighborhood and nature from close up
– Share stories
– “Feel the wind in their hair”
2. For pilots, the opportunity to:
– Share their time and energy
– Slowdown from their hectic lives
– Share conversation in a gentle and caring activity
– Enjoy the physical benefits of cycling
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1. Consider a tax deductible donation to Cycling Without Age Norfolk – Virginia Beach.
If you prefer to write a check please make check out to Bike Norfolk and write CWA in memo line of your check and mail to:
2254A Maple St
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
2. Contact Diane Haupt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are
interested in participating in or have questions about the program.